Home Department Attestation in Chennai
Certification attestation is a document verification process that undergoes a serious analysis and authentication of the documents. This verification begins with the State Home Department, a regulatory body authorized by the central government to authenticates personal documents such as marriage certificates and birth certificates originated from the respective state. Hence, the documents have to be submitted with the Ministery of External Affairs (MEA) which is the sole authority in India for document legalization. The Home Department is responsible for the authentication of the certificate, that the particular document originated from the respective state is genuine or not.
Below are some of the important aspects of Home Department authentication.
List of Personal Documents (HD)
- The entire process of the certificate authentication from the beginning is accomplished by the State Home Department on the same day.
- Unabridged certification, computer printouts, etc., are not entertained by the Ministery for the legalization, hence the only original copy of the certificate will be authenticated by the Home Department.
- The physical presence of the individual is mandatory at the office of the Home Department with an application form and original copies of the required documents.
- Marriage certificate
- Birth certificate
- Divorce certificate
- Employment certificate
- Death certificate
- Bonafide Certificate
- Registration Certificate
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Leaving Certificate
- Medical certificate etc
Documents required for the Home Department Attestation
- Original Certificate
- Passport copy
- Visa Copy
- HSC certificate copy
- SSC certificate & mark sheet (Original) Photograph
In the MEA no pre-authentication will be entertained for the attestation. Thus, the Home Department authentication is mandatory on all Indian original documents. Authentication of the documents is compulsory for anyone who is planning to visit abroad for any purpose, as it signifies that the certified documents are genuine. In certain states where there is no Home Department, in such states the certificates are authenticated by the General Administration Department (GAD).
When HD Attestation submission is possible?
HD Attestation submission is possible from 9:30 to 1:30 P.M. on all working days from Monday to Friday expect a public holiday.
SEPL Attestation Chennai is a Government of India authorized attestation firm to carry out all activities related to document legalization. We are serving our customers from last more than 8 years across India. You can avail of any service related to MEA Attestation and Attestation Procedure Chennai.