Has anyone asked you for a single status certificate in India to marry someone or prove that you have not married yet?
A single status certificate is one of the crucial documents you need to be a spouse of the citizens of a foreign country. This document is crucial as a police clearance certificate you get when you move from your native country to a foreign country.
There are many names used for a signal status certificate in different countries, and they are;
- Non-Impediment to Marry
- Statutory Declaration of Single Status
- Affidavit of Intended Marriage
- Statement In-Lieu of Certificate of Non-Impediment to Marriage Abroad
- Certificate de Coutume
- A Certificate of No Impediment
- Certificate of Nulla Osta
- A Certificate of No Marriage Record (CENOMAR)
What is the Need for a Single Status/Unmarried/Bachelorhood Certificate?
This single status certificate has one more name, an unmarried certificate, which is necessary to carry when you move abroad and prove to the foreign country authorities that “I am single and can marry someone in a foreign country”.
Various foreign countries follow a procedure to demand a single status certificate or celibacy certificate to be assured that the ex-pat has never been married and eligible to marry. Do you know that there is a vital role of a single status certificate to marry in Malaysia?
A single status certificate is one of the documents required to get an international marriage and licence by a foreign country to marry their citizen.
The list of the top 10 easiest countries to immigrate to as an expat includes a single status certificate to carry if an expat ever plans to marry someone in a foreign country.
For instance, for an Indian who stays in the UK and plans to marry a citizen of the UK, a single status certificate with attestation is what you need to prove that you have no spouse in India or any other nation.
How to Get a Single Status Certificate in India?
India is a Sovereign Socialist Secular Democratic Republic. India is a continuously developing country, with a no-one tag in many categories. This Asian country is known for its cultural and traditional values. Along with that, India is a country that maintains a healthy and trustworthy relationship with its foreign countries. Any Indian migrating from India to any foreign country needs attestation on their legal documents for use abroad. There are two ways to apply for a single status certificate in India, and they are:
- If you have no time to invest in the legal procedure to get a single status certificate in India, take help from a government-authorised agency that will apply for your certificate on your behalf.
- To submit your application on your own, without any help from any authorised agency of the government, you can visit Suvidha Kendra or the DC office for a signal status certificate online application.
An NRI (Non-Resident Indian) in India gets a certificate of no marriage record (CENOMAR) from the Indian High Commissioner.
Step by Step Procedure to Get a Single Status Certificate in India
Getting a single status or unmarried certificate in India is not a big game only played by the pro players. The procedure for a bachelorhood certificate is as easy as switching on and off a bulb.
Here is the procedure to apply for a single status certificate in India.
- The competent court has jurisdiction over your residential area to verify you and gather the information that you have no spouse in your native country and are eligible to get a single status certificate.
- Approximately the police officer of your area will visit your place after fifteen days of filling up your application for a signal status certificate. The police officer inquires about you. The police officer, prior to visiting your place, will inform you to gather two witnesses to support your statement that you have never been married or have no spouse in your country.
- After the police verification success with no obstacles, the unmarried certificate comes under the State Home Department’s custody for verification and certificate attestation for use abroad.
- Document attestation is necessary to prove to the foreign authorities that an expat’s legal certificates are authentic. After the state-level verification, the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) confirms the authenticity of your single status certificate with MEA attestation or MEA apostille, depending on your destination country. MEA attestation or MEA apostille is the final document attestation from the side of India.
- Once your single status certificate successfully receives attestations from the State Home Department and the MEA, the last document attestation is the task accomplished by the embassy of your destination country.
The MEA accepts applications to provide attestation on documents through their outsourced agencies. For a single status certificate attestation, you can contact Superb Enterprise Pvt.Ltd (SEPL). We are legal and officially authorised by the MEA for fast, reliable, and comprehensive attestation and apostille services.
Documents Required for a Single Status Certificate in India
The authorities that issue you a single status certificate will request you to submit the following documents to check your identity and other required details.
- An affidavit, with the details like your residential address, identity, and witnesses’ names, states you are single.
- Address proof like your bank passbook, rental agreement, voter ID, or Aadhar card. Attach one of your address proofs with your affidavit to apply for a single status application online or offline.
- Your valid passport or visa
- Your birth certificate, NABC, or school certificate
- Identity proofs of your parents or legal guardians like voter ID or Aadhaar card
Single Status Certificate Sample Affidavit
An affidavit declares that you are single. There is no static format used for a single status certificate court affidavit. There are some points that you need to add to your affidavit.
Start your letter with your name, father name, mother name, and your permanent residential address in India, solemnly affirm and declare as follows:
I am an Indian citizen, born in this particular place on this particular date. I am a holder of an Indian passport number— issued by —- and have a validity of —– months. I am single and have no spouse in India or any other country. I am eligible to apply for a single status certificate to happily marry a citizen of this country according to law. I am in a mentally and physically fit condition.
The content mentioned in this letter is not bogus to the best of my knowledge.
Solemnly declared at (place of signature) on (date of signature).
(your signature) (the sub-divisional magistrate’s signature)
How Long Does It Take To Get a Single Status Certificate?
No fixed duration by the authorities declared to get a single status certificate in India. It depends on the procedure, and the departments issue a signal status certificate. Moreover, a single status certificate apostille or attestation procedure also charges time.
Take help from the expert, and contact SEPL to get a single status certificate apostille or attested.
Being the outsourcing agency of MEA, SEPL collects documents for attestation and apostille, and after completing the task, the SEPL team delivers the attested certificates to the applicant.